Wednesday, May 26, 2010

30

I turned 30 yesterday, a day I made Michael promise to keep as normal as possible. The boys were rough and rowdy and mean, daddy was his normal self, even mowed the lawn, and I got to be grumpy in my bedroom while watching hgtv. I woke up this morning thinking about all the things I haven't accomplished, when I should be focusing on all the things I have accomplished, like keeping my little Brady safe from peanuts for almost 4 years now. It is amazing how this peanut allergy consumes ones life. Michael & I have actually been bickering because i want things done a certain way, to keep Brady safe, like having him wash his hands at not touching surfaces that might be contaminated. (I know, its a no brainer, but Michael just doesn't get it!)I also check, and recheck products, because processing can change in a day, and I am very aware of peanuts EVERYWHERE! I get eyes rolled at me from Michael daily, but I don't care, I have to do what I have to do.
Now, in the background I hear the boys dancing and singing with the cd from VBS. So cute. They can play a mean air guitar. :) I think that this year I may volunteer to be with the boys so that they can go to VBS and enjoy it, and not cry at drop off and of course I will know that they are SAFE. Well, at 30 I have the mommy thing down...most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment